| This page is a candidate for deletion. The given reason is: This is an easily understood, common term that doesn't need an entire article to define it.
This notice should remain for a minimum of 1 week after it was placed on the page. If discussion is still ongoing, it should remain until a consensus is reached, after which the page will either be deleted or this notice removed.
If you disagree with its deletion, please discuss your reasons on this page or on its associated talk page, as applicable.Frameacloud (talk · contrib) · Last edited on Sat, 12 Nov 2016 15:48:20 +0000
Some umbrella terms in this wiki include:
- Aporagender is a specific nonbinary identity, as well as an umbrella term for some nonbinary identities: just the nonbinary identities that aren't male, female, agender, or between male and female.", and not those that are "agender, between male and female, or binary trans people."
- Demigender is an umbrella term for identities that have a partial connection to a certain gender.
- Gender nonconformity covers all kinds of gender expressions that don't conform to society's gender norms.
- Genderqueer covers many kinds of gender identities and expressions that don't conform to society's gender norms. Because many people don't like to be called by the reclaimed slur "queer", it's disrespectful to use "genderqueer" as an umbrella term for all nonbinary, transgender, or gender nonconforming people. Only use it for those say they want to be called by it.
- LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) is an umbrella term for some similar identities, but not an identity itself, since a person generally can't be all four things at once. There are several other ways of writing this initialism, such as LGBTQ, LGBTQQAP, and LGBT+. An alternative way of saying the same thing is the initialism MOGII (marginalized orientations, gender identities, and intersex)
- Queer is an umbrella term for all MOGII identities. Some people identify simply as "queer" for their sexual orientation, their gender identity, or both, without necessarily being more specific. However, as mentioned above, this is a reclaimed slur, and many don't want to be called by it. It should only be used as an umbrella term for those who willingly identify with the term.
- Nonbinary gender is an umbrella term for all gender identities that don't fit into the gender binary of "female" or "male."
- Transgender is an umbrella term for all gender identities and expressions that involve moving from one gender expression to another. This includestransgender women, transgender men, and many nonbinary people who identify with the term.
- Xenogender includes many nonbinary gender identities defined in reference to very different ideas than female or male.