Timeout

How should these forums be run? Suggest changes to the set up here and report any problems.

Timeout

Postby adair » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:07 am

So, I have twice this evening had my session time out and lost my post when I went to post it. (Luckily the second time I'd remembered to write most of it in Google Drive and had only made a few changes after pasting it back into the phpBB editor). A reasonable person might tell me this is a sign that my posts are too long, but bah! Can we configure it to not time out? I don't see any particularly good reason to be logging people out like that. Privacy, maybe, but for instance Facebook never times out as far as I know and has presumably trained users of shared computers to hit the log out button.
adair

Re: Timeout

Postby quarridors » Sun May 18, 2014 1:44 am

Hi,

Sorry for missing this message.

If you tick 'Log me on automatically each visit' when you login, it shouldn't do this.

Also, we were having a great deal of problems with our hosting company (as were an awful lot of other sites) back around the time of your post, so it's possible that the issue was at their end and has been resolved since).

Sorry again for the very late reply.

Nat.
quarridors
Site Admin

Return to Forum Feedback